EVALUATE THE ACOUSTIC PERFOMANCES OF YOUR DESIGN
Selecting the corresponding configuration
For building systems (single walls, double walls, partitions with metal sections, ETICS, floating screeds, mineral wools, insulating under-layers, ceilings, noise barriers, etc.) and transports (floors, doors, sandwich panels, etc.).
Choosing the materials
Access to a large material database (steel, aluminium, concrete, polystyrene, plaster, mineral wool, metal sections). Materials are sorted per families, among which:
- Fluids - air, water, etc.
- Isotropic solids - plaster, foam, metal, concrete, engineered wood, glass, coating, etc.
- Orthotropic solids - stiffened plates, hollow masonry, etc.
- Viscoelastic materials - adhesive, bitumen, etc.
- Poroelastic materials (Biot-Allard model) – mineral wool, wood fibers, bio-sourced products (hemp, cotton, straws, etc.).
- Double porosity materials – poroelastic materials with inclusions.
- Perforated materials
- Frames – metal sections, wood, etc.
Gain instantaneous access to a given material properties through simple research among families, manufacturers or key-words or freely enrich your database with self-defined products!
DESIGN A MULTI-LAYERED SYSTEM AND EVALUATE ITS PERFORMANCES
First, model your multi-layered system by specifying materials input data as well as thicknesses for each layer. Then, the computational model is fast and automatically assembled and solved by the software, within the framework of the Transfer Matrix Method (TMM).
Available post-treatment indicators are, for example:
- Sound reduction index R
- Sound reduction improvement index ΔR, STC
- Acoustic absorption coefficient α, NRC et SAA
- Impact noise level Ln, IIC
- Impact noise level improvement ΔL
- Rainfall noise level LiA
- Transmission loss associated with an excitation resulting from a turbulent boundary layer (Corcos model)
- Normalized single number rating Rw(C;Ctr), Ln,w, αw, LiA
Acousys allows easy display and comparison of either multiple simulations or measurements and constitute a comprehensive tool for fast parametric studies or optimizations. Did you know?
Comparison between simulation outputs and measurements from the LABE – European Building Acoustics Laboratory is straightforward.
EVALUATE THE SOUND REDUCTION INDEX OF PARTITIONS WITH METAL SECTIONS USING THE BUILT-IN MODULE “PARTITIONS”
The built-in module for partitions with metal sections allows to take into account the vibratory short-circuit resulting from frame elements by coupling the TMM with Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA).
- Display and interpretation with the module “Partitions”:
- 3D display of the multi-layered structure
- Narrow band or 1/3 octave band over 20-10000 Hz
- Single number rating Rw(C;Ctr), Ln,w, αw, LiA (ISO 717-1, ISO 717-2, ISO 11654, ISO 140-18)
- Easy import of measurements for fast comparison
- Automatic report generation
- Data export module
- Data export directly into AcouBAT
Innovations within AcouSYS V3.0 :
- Creation of homogenized equivalent materials from multilayered shells, stiffened plates or hollow elements such as alveolar bricks
- Upper and lower limits included into the database for known products
- Addition of double porosity materials into the database
- North American single number ratings